What My Life Was Before TeamViewer

I've now scheduled, at least once every two weeks to post a tip about making life easier. There is a wide array of tools that can simplify so many things. My favorite this week is TeamViewer.

It's a free program that allows remote control, file transfer and even unattended access to any computer.  I was introduced to TeamViewer about a year ago by a fat brain friend, Mike Firmature.  It really is nothing short of genius.

Sure, it's a great tool for my business - but more than anything, I use it with my folks.  They are of retirement age, but not yet retired.  They're all on Facebook, have iPhones and most recently they purchased a brand new Apple 27" iMac.  

They're not afraid of technology, they're on the train, happy to take the ride. I live for people like this.

The transition from PC to Mac was seamless for them. However, there's a very small learning curve.  Since my folks live an hour and a half north of me, it's not always convenient to drive to Palm Beach to show them how to import photos from their camera or update their iPods.

Enter TeamViewer.

They love it. I love it.  It's GENIUS.  I can remotely control their computer - but what's even more genius is they can watch me make the changes & updates!  We have virtual tutoring/teaching sessions all the time.  They learn, and I never have to leave the couch.

But I still love going to my Mom's.  Even if she doesn't need tech support.

No comments:

Post a Comment